We’re approaching the season for pumpkin spice everything! As temperatures fall, I love adding just a bit of extra warmth and coziness to my home. Here are a few quick and easy decorating ideas for transitioning into fall.
1. Add a cozy blanket to a chair or sofa.
2. Swap out throw pillows for those in more earthy colors.
3. Invest in an outdoor firepit or electric heater so you can still enjoy the outdoors.
4. Put a faux fur throw on the end of your bed.
5. Faux flowers are back “in” and there are some beautiful options in fall colors for adding to your decor.
6. Get a plush bath mat to make stepping out of the bath or shower a little cozier.
7. Add a few lamps with a soft glow so you’ll be ready for the shorter days ahead.
8. Get some cozy flannel sheets for all the beds.
9. Add or swap out a rug, opting for one in oranges, reds and browns.
10. Go bold on an accent wall by painting it a darker color or using a fun wallpaper.
11. Add some reclaimed wood; adds a richness that’s great for fall.
12. Layer up rugs and throws, in a variety of colors and textures.
13. Restyle your mantle with candles; try darker colors rather than white.
14. Display firewood in a cute basket near the fireplace.
15. Add some pumpkins – painting them black or white can make them more chic.
16. Use plaid on anything – pillows, sheets, curtains, etc.
17. Add any orange décor; it’s fall’s biggest color.
18. Switch out summer flowers for mums and cabbages.
19. Hang a fall wreath on your front door or on a window.
20. Reupholster a bench or dining room chairs with cozy fabrics.
21. Add a fall table runner to your kitchen table.
22. Display foods like apples and squash on your kitchen island.
23. Add a cushy headboard.
24. Incorporate branches, pinecones, berries, and leaves from the outside into a seasonal centerpiece.
25. Pick up supplies like jute or yarn at the craft store and wrap some around vases and other décor.
26. Set up a small coffee bar in your kitchen or bedroom.
27. Switch out coasters for something wood or rustic.
28. Get a new doormat with some bright, fall colors.
29. Wagons, baskets, pitchers – these things all scream fall décor and can be great containers for displaying pumpkins, fall foliage, blankets, and more.
30. Last but not least – add some fall scents like apple cider, cinnamon chai, and of course…pumpkin spice.
Tell me – are you ready for fall? Any fun decorating tips?