Indianapolis/Marion County is the twelfth largest city in the United States, and it is by-far one of our country’s most livable big cities. For those who reside and work here, our Indianapolis has a quality about it that makes even the heart of a bustling downtown feel like home. Visitors are drawn from all over the globe to enjoy our top-notch professional sports venues, a thriving convention industry and numerous cultural attractions. And when they arrive, they too experience the Hoosier character and hospitality that make Indianapolis special.
Ten Reasons to Live in Downtown Indy
- There’s a mix of options from historic neighborhoods to luxury condominiums to newly built lofts and apartments.
- Downtown is walkable and convenient: Walkscore.com gives the 46204 zip code a 91 “Walker’s Paradise.”
- Everything is nearby: the city’s best restaurants, theaters, entertainment, performing arts, sports, museums and parks.
- The Indianapolis Cultural Trail, an 8-mile urban bike and pedestrian path, runs throughout Downtown.
- Downtown Indy is ranked the #3 best Downtown in the U.S. according to Livability.com.
- Indy’s hottest events take place Downtown: Talbot Street Art Fair, Strawberry Festival, Circle City Indy Pride Parade and Festival, Dig IN: A Taste of Indiana, Circle of Lights presented by Quality Connection & IBEW 481 and more.
- From Food Truck Fridays to Workout Wednesdays, there’s always something to do on Georgia Street’s Boardwalk.
- The heart of Downtown pulsates with sports buzz: the Pacers, Fever, Colts, Indians, Ice and Indy Eleven.
- There are numerous historic neighborhoods Downtown, many with the charm of tree-lined cobblestone and brick-paved streets.
- Downtown has vibrant neighborhoods with an emphasis on neighbors.