As you may or may not realize, burglaries substantially increase in the summer months. Thanks to Realtor Mag, we want to ensure you have some simple tips to keep your home safe.
- Around 34% of break ins happen through the front door. Be sure you have a system in place to monitor the front door.
- Be sure that the locks on your windows are secure. Also, do not forget to lock them when you are leaving the house or no longer have them open!
- Be sure to have a barrier in the track for sliding doors.
- If you are going to be away, leave lights or the tv on. Burglars can usually be deterred if they suspect that someone is in the house.
- Try to refrain from posting on social media that you are on vacation. Post pictures/updates after you’ve returned home!
- Have your mail/ newspaper brought into the house or picked up by a friend/family member. It is a giveaway that nobody is home if it begins to pile up!
- Have someone maintain your lawn if you will be gone for a substantial length of time.
Have a safe summer!
The Corey Connection Team