When you bought your first home, you probably learned a lot. You’ve been in that home for a few years, and now it’s time to move up.
I find that second-time homebuyers are quite savvy. You probably have a list of very specific items you are looking for in your next home and know what to expect as a homeowner. But what about selling your home?
Here are the steps you need to take in order to have a successful sale.
1. Choose a listing agent. I would love to help you sell your current home! It’s important to find an agent that represents you and your best interests. Even if you don’t plan to sell for a few months, talking to a realtor now can help you start to prepare your home to go on the market.
2. Prep your home for sale. Decluttering and making necessary repairs are the major items here. Hiring a stager can really pay off as well. Pay special attention to your home’s curb appeal; you only get one chance to make a great first impression!
3. Know how much your home is worth. You’ll need a market analysis report, which I can help you with! There are many factors, including the age of your home, neighborhood and market conditions to consider. You don’t want to overprice or underprice your home, so it’s important to get it priced so that it sells quickly while getting as much money in your pocket as possible.
4. Have a marketing plan. Alongside your agent, you’ll want to discuss the items that really make your home stand out, and how you’ll market them. Quality photos are essential!
5. Showcase your home. Keeping your home tidy and ready for showings can take some work. Just remember that the extra effort will help you sell your home more quickly and for more money.
6. Consider offers. You may receive one offer or multiple offers. I always tell my clients to keep an open mind and be open for negotiation. A great agent will give you sound advice and help you navigate this process.
7. Work through home inspection repairs. Buyers almost always have a home inspection, and will likely have a few items that they request to be fixed. Similar to when you receive an offer on the purchase price, these items should be negotiated and I can help you.
8. Prepare for closing. This is where you sign over the final paperwork and collect your check. Congrats!
If you are considering a move, please let me know! Finding a great Realtor should always be your first step. To chat, you can reach me at 317-908-2599 or email@example.com@firstname.lastname@example.org!