Pests not only are a nuisance but can cause damage to your home. With that damage comes high repair costs. So take your home back with these tricks to get rid pests:
Known for chewing wires and digging holes rodents can be one of the biggest annoyances of them all. Here are tips to keep them out in the first place:
- Keep your kitchen space clean. Old food and crumbs lead to rodents coming in the house.
- Take your trash out regularly. If a rodent can smell your garbage they’ll want to come inside and investigate it. Avoid them getting in your house by taking trash out consistently.
- Place steel wool on the exterior in holes on the exterior of your home to prevent them from getting in.
If an army of ants has invaded your home you can fight back by sprinkling cayenne pepper in spots that ants are frequenting. To avoid ants moving in try these:
- Dishes’ sitting in a sink extends an open invitation for ants and others bugs to come into your home. Prevent ants by washing dishes after using them.
- Store food properly. Ants can crawl into the tightest spaces, use sealed containers to store dry goods like sugar, salt and flour to avoid contamination.
- Watch out for fruits and vegetables. They’re great for our nutrition but can cause quite the headache if they’re near spoiling. Use up or throw out if fruits and vegetables are past their prime.
Roaches enter homes looking for water, food and shelter. Once in an area they can multiply quickly. To fully get rid of roaches it typically takes consistency and more than one type of treatment.
- The kitchen is a roaches’ ideal area. Make sure to sweep and clean consistently. Especially in corners and where the floor meets the bottom of the counter.
- On top and beneath the refrigerator is warm and can attract roaches. Be sure to clean regularly, as crumbs tend to collect there.
- Roaches can hide in firewood. Be sure to inspect pieces before you bring them into your home.
Home tricks and tips can be a great way to get rid or prevent pests from taking over your house. Infestations can get out of control, so be sure to call a professional for large infestations.